Wednesday 31 December 2014

Setting your Goals and Objectives for 2015

Do you want to achieve certain things in 2015? If so this post is for you.

We are by our nature goal oriented so your setting goals to achieve certain things is natural and normal.

Research shows that if we set balanced goals and achieve them this helps to raise our confidence and self-esteem.

What are balanced goals?

For a start, balanced goals aim to achieve something for work, you personally and you socially.

Goals are broad statements of intent e.g. 'I will change my career in 2015 or I will lose weight in 2015 or I will join a new social group'.

Objectives will move you to the next level of detail. To help you to achieve your objectives you will do well to follow the SMART acronym:

Specific
Measurable
Achieveable
Realistic
Timebound

Also writing down and referring to your goals and objectives regularly will help you to achieve them.

For example, from 'I will change my career in 2015' your objective could be 'I will work with a career coach from January to March 2015 to determine what career/s would suit me best and then tailor my CV to apply to x, y, z organisations in Bristol. I aim to be in my new career by 1.9.15.'

Or, from 'I will lose weight in 2015' your objective could be 'I will join weight watchers in January 2015 and do 3 workouts at the gym for an hour a time from 1.2.15. My target weight is 10 stone.'

Or from 'I will join a new social group' your objective could be 'I will trial Bristol social solos, my local skittles group and the rowing club before deciding which to join and attend once a week from March 2015 to meet new people'.

We hope that you enjoy setting and achieving your 2015 goals and objectives.

For help and support please contact us at enquiries@westofenglandcoachingandcounselling.co.uk or on 01761 237400

No comments:

Post a Comment