Tuesday 7 October 2014

E mail Behaviour Change Coaching

Do you have a behaviour that you want to change?

Pause, review, edit and send habit with e mails represents a positive metaphor for our lives in general.

If we took a moment to think in this way we would have better relationships with others at work and in our personal lives.

E mails are a good starting point because here we have the choice of pause, review and edit. I add fast forward and rewind after pause too. If I did what I was first thinking of and fast forward what could be the impact of my actions? If the impact I perceive is a negative unhelpful, unkind, unnecessary one, I can rewind before I have acted and move on to option two. Then I can pause again, fast forward and consider again the impact of my action, rewinding again if I want.

This process allows us to review the possible consequences of our actions before we take action.

Of course, a lot of our responses are habitual and unconscious. However, by taking time to be consciously aware of our behaviours we can practice new habits such as pressing our pause button...

Are there behaviours in your life that are causing you problems at work and home? Could you use this strategy to help you to change those behaviours?

If you would like help and support in changing behaviours that are causing you problems at work and home please reach out via enquiries@westofenglandcoachingandcounselling.co.uk or call us on 01761 237400. In the first instance you may want to visit our website at www.westofenglandcoachingandcounselling.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Excellent site !! wonderful blog post.It is one of the most interest page in the net. I never expect that there are lots of contents that are useful to my assignment. Thank you so much guys
    Coaching for Leadership

    ReplyDelete