Friday 5 August 2011

Are You Ready, Willing and Able To Be Coached?

In the last blog post I wrote about the fact that coaching may not be what you need right now. 

How do you establish if this is the case? This blog is devoted to a short questionnaire which I use with clients and you can use to find out whether coaching is for you right now by simple answering YES or NO to each of the following questions.

Are you Ready?
  1. There is a gap between where I am and where I want to be     YES…..NO…..
  2. I have some time to invest in myself     YES…..NO…..
  3. I can keep appointments with myself to work on this material     YES…..NO…..

Are you Willing?
  1. I am fully willing to do the work required to get me where I want to go     YES…..NO…..
  2. I am willing to stop or change any limiting beliefs and self-defeating behaviours that limit my performance and result     YES…..NO…..
  3. I am willing to give new things a go even if I am not 100% convinced that they will work     YES…..NO…..
Are you Able?
  1. Coaching is the appropriate intervention for the changes that I want to make     YES…..NO…..
  2. I have the patience to take consistent action towards my goal and drive for results     YES…..NO…..
  3. I have the desire to continually improve my performance     YES…..NO…..
  4. I have the support I need to make significant changes (e.g. organisation structure)     YES…..NO…..

If you answered No to 2 or more of these questions, you will need to make adjustments before any coaching you undertake can be effective.

However, if you are ready, willing and able and would like to achieve change quicker and more effectively than you think possible on your own, I would very much like to work alongside you.

To get in touch please visit our website at West of England Coaching and Counselling.

1 comment:

  1. Women are still held to a different standard when it comes to career advancement, and they are still not earning as much as their male counterparts. At Sigsoog, our goal is to support women on their way to achieving their career goals with our effective women executive coaching.

    Women Executive Coaching

    ReplyDelete