Friday 8 October 2021

Not satisfied in your Work Life?

 Not satisfied in your work life?

For years in my career I thought that the reason for my dissatisfaction was the job. 

I came to realise  later that the reason was me.

Looking back at my career prior to working as a professional and personal coach, counsellor and mentor, I was not being me. Feedback told me that I was very hard working and achieved very good results. However, this did not cut it for me and I was not happy in my work overall.

Are you able to distinguish between what you are very good at and what you really enjoy? It took me years to make the distinction. I grew up in my career with the belief to play to my strengths embedded by teachers, parents and line managers.

I would like to suggest that you spend a few minutes today answering this question for you. 

How would you feel if you were enjoying about 70% of your work life, an achievable goal I think?

A starting point could be which skills do I enjoy using in my existing role? What can I do to increase the amount of time applying these skills? For example, if you enjoy planning and organising, could you spend the first 30 minutes of your workday revising your to do list for the next week? This fits with the concept that baby steps in the right direction can increase your level of satisfaction incrementally. For example, by 1 point up a scale from 1-10.

Try it and let me know how you go.

If you would benefit from help and support with your needs and wants do get in touch via www.westofenglandcoachingandcounselling.co.uk.

Big Love, Pam 


No comments:

Post a Comment