Monday 20 September 2021

Work improvements through Coaching.

Last week I worked with a client who wanted to change her relationship with a senior colleague. My client shared that she recognised her tendency to prioritise others feelings over her own, linked with her 'inability' to say no. Sounds familiar perhaps? Sarah told me that she would often take on too much work because of her personality. We worked for ninety minutes on identifying and practising a number of resources that she had and changing her belief to my first priority is myself so that I feel good and so have ample means to help others as I choose. We called the resources her boundaries and skills. As she left the session she said that she felt stronger. Sarah e mailed me this morning to say that she had had a conversation with her colleague during which they looked quite shocked and embarrassed and at the end of which her colleague had said that she admired her response and that she would do as my client suggested and ask another to run project X.

No comments:

Post a Comment