Friday 3 September 2021

Personal Development Planning

Do you have a Personal Development Plan (PDP)?

If you do, good for you! If you don't now could be a good time to start thinking about and writing one. 

Research shows that people who are proactive about what they want including where they want to go in their careers are more likely to be successful in life.

This could be anything from working towards more flexible hours, to changing a behaviour to achieve better results. It could be changing career direction entirely. It could be starting your own business.

I would recommend that you start with diarising a few hours to take yourself off grid. Once a year I take myself off to my favourite place and review my PDP using a hand written journal. I always have a walk as well because this stimulates my thinking.

Some people find this an easy and enjoyable task. For others quite challenging and others procrastinate and stay still or stuck.

I provide help and support in the following areas if you want it:

1. Reviewing your career including career diagnostics - what careers best suit your values, personality and skills strengths?

2. Producing a stand-out CV

3. Personal brand development and marketing you

4. Role applications and cover letters

5. Speculative approaches to your targets

6. Interview preparation including state management and practice 

7. Negotiating your remuneration

Get ahead today and get in touch with me, pam@westofenglandcoachingandcounselling.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment